Saturday, October 14, 2006

Hats Become Me


Fuck Happy Hour, it's Crabby Hour--Cha Cha's version of Happy Hour-- at her hat shop, Cha Cha's House of Ill Repute on Stanton Street and it rocks. You see, Cha Cha makes some serious friggin' hats, and I look seriously friggin' good in hats. So it's a win win. Cha Cha will make you a hat, Kevin will make you a drink, and you will love it. They're quality people who know how to have fun. Don't you remember them from Oktoberfest at the Astoria Beer Garden? Sure you do!

We all had punch, shot the shit Friday Night Style, and marveled at her incredible dome piece toppers. The entertainment part of the evening included myself and lovely songstress and poet DeeAnne Gorman. I opened for Dee with a little set I like to call Fun Various Tunes Travis Style and Dee sang a few tunes herself (and none of them ABBA, to my delight): And I Love Him, Fever, and Autumn Leaves with Jack on the upright bass. That thing is enormous. Everybody on the street rags on poor Jack about the massive size of this instrument he chose to dedicate himself to. But when you love an something the size (and temperment) of a woman, well, I'm willing to bet the upright bass chose him.

What else is sweet? We all got fantastic hats of our choice for playing at Cha Cha's soiree, and if I haven't mentioned it, I look hot in hats. Like, "Wow, she couldn't possibly look good in all hats...and yes, yes, as a matter of fact she does" good. After trying on at least a dozen and asking Cha Cha for her esteemed advice, I chose a chic yet practical black felt number that I can pick up in a week or so. Psyched! Apparently I have a small head. Not a pin head, mind you, but a perfectly desirable 21 incher. DeeAnne looks amazing in hats too. Even if her jughead does have an inch on my cranium.


Dee, Kevin and Me. My hat has bird feathers, tiny skulls (which look as if they may be carved out of molars), a spider, and a tiny veil. Hot! Kevin just jumped in behind us (that scamp!), otherwise we'd have given him more face time. He was the host, after all.

2 comments:

Teri said...

you do look good in hats, Anne.

and you're so humble about it too. : )

Sans Pantaloons said...

Millinery mastication.