Thursday, October 26, 2006

To Have Bed Bugs or To No Not Have Bed Bugs: That is the Question

So, the Terminix guy just came here. Now he's recanting what he said about the spots on my wall, saying that he can't confirm that they the bugs are here, queer, and whether or not I can get used to it remains to be seen. He suggested that I put down some glue traps to see if I can "catch" some. He also told me that the lawyer who represents the building said that 9C was in their right to keep their bug matter private. Really. Oh well. If that's the case, then: Too bad, so sad, you're gross, and I'm not. Heh heh. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Meanwhile, I'm keeping on my throwing everything away project. It's cleansing. Perhaps I'd like to live in a world where I believe that I have bed bugs. Is that so wrong?

9 comments:

newbluebaby said...

You only believe in bed bugs because that is what you were taught as a child.

anne altman said...

are they not a gift from god?

newbluebaby said...

No. They are a gift from Klendathu.

anne altman said...

well, like i told 9C, i never mentioned his name.

Just Dave said...

As my life role model, Mr. Worf, would say, "Secret bedbuggers HAVE no honor".

If you continue to believe when the bugs aren't there, you will wind up sleepless, wandering the streets, muttering, "Fuckin' bedbugs" under your breath. The neighborhood kids will call you Bedbug Annie and snicker whenever you come into sight.

newbluebaby said...

Bedbug Annie. Hahahahaha.





ahem... sorry.

Creepy said...

Two Cans (of Raid) Anne

Fargrave said...

Well, being a cat owner, I'm thinking a little flea? Did you ask Doodle? She was just upstate gallivanting around and sitting next to last years prey. It could be that she brought some friends home and that bite you got just happened to correspond to the bed bug story and got you thinking. Oh, and it's nothing to be ashamed of Anne, um, I mean Doodle.

anne altman said...

oh, i've had that pesky flea problem before when i lived in key west. they're like kids: ankle biters. have yet to be bitten on the ankle.