Friday, May 12, 2006

RV

I realize that for many of you, I am your number one source for news, so I should update you on some current events. Here goes. In entertainment news, Robin Williams is in a movie that is terrible. Mind you, I haven't seen it, and I won't see it, because it's Robin Williams and he's annoying and hairy, and should have stopped at Mork, but I can assure you it's bad. It's called RV. From the commercials, it seems as if the producers have made an attempt to cash in on that Vacation success by ripping it off completely, as they do. Cheryl Hines plays his wife, which is sort of disappointing because I like her, but who wouldn't want to sell out for some quick cash? Please, I'd be all over that flick like bums on baloney but wouldn't see it. Ok, that's it for the news.

The RV idea is another rip off, incidentally. This time, they borrowed from the book of Altman: The Infamous Altman Family Winnebago Trip of 1980. I was a brat; my sister was in a stroller. The legend goes that she was better behaved. That is true. I vaguely remember beating my fists on the floor of the RV because I couldn't take another Civil War battlefield, and my father was bribing me with an offer of Busch Gardens. Of course my sister was better behaved She didn't know what the hell was going on. Longest. Trip. Of. My. Life.

Here is a shot of me and my Dad with my sister on his shoulders, traipsing through Johnsonburg, PA, ol' homestead of the Altman Clan 100 years ago. I'm pouting and dragging ass. Look at my long legs! It's clear that I stopped growing at 11. Upwards, anyway. Check out the white short shorts with the piping.









You'll notice here, my Dad's caterpillar mustache that he was supposed to leave behind in the seventies where it belonged, but kept it a few more years because they were good friends, and then when he shaved it off my sister cried because she didn't recognize him without it and watching him eat grossed her out.

You can get a better shot of my shorts in this photo (blue piping), and of course, I'm rockin' Dr. Scholl's, but most importantly, I am wearing the yellow I'm With Stupid t-shirt.


There's a whole album of this kind of fun, and even though most of it is pictures of road signs and places and people you don't know, I willing to bet it's better than that piece of crap movie RV. You know, cause it's the real thing.

8 comments:

whipcreamy said...

You are right! I don't remember one stinking thing about that trip! and then when I was old enough to ask my mom if we could go to Busch Gardens she told me I had already been. so there.

newbluebaby said...

Nice gams!

Elizabeth said...

Does Robin Williams play your dad?

Peter Matthes said...

Come on Anne. "The World According to Garp" was a good movie, and it would come out just two years after these pictures were taken.

I also can't believe you have me looking at the legs of an eleven year old girl.

... and I am looking I tell you!

(off topic) I spent a good portion of last night watching Dave Hill's videos. He is VERY funny in some of them. Comic-Con, Fashion Week and The Smoking Gun stuff are amazing. If I ran a television network, he would already have a show. The dental commercial you posted is also very funny.

anne altman said...

whipcreamy once said: "i'm all about robin williams"


and i never let her forget it, do i?

i never saw garp!. nor did i read it.

anne altman said...

yeah so dave hill's great.

SO?


what about me? where's my fucking show?

all i ever hear is dave hill, dave hill, dave hill.

damn you, dave hill! you better remember me when you're famous next year and i'm dead!

Valerie said...

LOOOOOOOOL - that's awesome! love the pix.

whipcreamy said...

about my robin williams comment. i said that only after seeing the world according to garp only after reading the john irving novel. it is one of the ONLY movies ever saw that was almost as good as its book!