Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Stumpy Proverb

Uncle Stumpy Olkosky, circa 1955, Olean, NY

In addition to his classic "You can't make honey out of pigshit" my wonderful Uncle Stumpy also used to say, "Never trust a man who don't drink or don't smoke." Words to live by. (He's smoking at the pump in this photo folks, so I trusted him implicitly).
'Tis true, though! Mormons freak me out. Sorry, Mormon readership, but I believe that Stumpy was the one true Prophet. So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

5 comments:

Valerie said...

Agreed! Uncle Stumpy is one smart man.

Peter Matthes said...

How long did Stumpy live?

anne altman said...

he lived past this photo.

mid-to late sixties?

patrin said...

Brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I would have liked Uncle Stumpy the man was apparantly way ahead of his time. Just to think that he placed himself in harms way to make this world a better place.

God Bless Uncle Stumpy