Sunday, May 07, 2006

Shiny Happy People


Alright, alright, I get it, springtime is for lovers, and they're out in abundance on a lovely day such as this, holding hands, making goo-goo eyes, playing grab ass, smooching. Well, whoopie doodle doo. No offense, lovers, but since I'm not part of your happy couple brigade anymore*, and I'm a sour single, I don't want to see it.

Please join me in culling this PDA for my sanity, and the sanity of those who like myself, can't deal. I'm not saying you need to break out weapons and shoot these innocent people Son of Sam style, but a dirty look or two just might make a difference. Please, join me in giving love the evil eye.

*When and if I am part of this love brigade again, I am fully aware of contradicting myself and being a full-on hypocrite, so suck it.

6 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

I just walked past a park full of young lovers on the way to HomeDepot for light switch plates. I am sure I saw one of them make the "L" sign on their forehead. Bastards!

On the subject of your love life Anne ... it's a matter of "when" ... not "if"

anne altman said...

thanks for the empathy, peter--
but i'm signing an "L" on my forehead at you right now, not for loser but for LIAR!

Peter Matthes said...

All I have typed is the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I have my right paw on a bible.

Brandy For Sale. said...

I enjoy screeching, "EWWWW!" and glaring. And then later, alone, perhaps weeping.

Or not.

Elizabeth said...

ewww doesn't work with these people. they hear and think: "oh poor thing is jealous. she just thinks we have grossed her out to point that she might not even be able to eat that two scoop ben and jerry's she bought for herself as a consolation prize."

anne altman said...

liz, oh, liz--
=LOL