Monday, May 08, 2006

Don't Call Me Beepers


Here are a few nicknames that I have been calling my cat of late ( more or less unconsciously), until tonight when I became quite conscious of them, and I had to confess. (Think The Tell-Tale Heart*).

  1. Boops
  2. Beeps
  3. Beepers

Absolutely unforgivable, right? I know. Friggin' ridiculous. And I wonder why she gives me dirty looks. I mean, Boops is one thing, and Beeps is another, but Beepers? Shoot me.

* I read several Edgar Allen Poe biographies two summers ago. He was not a likeable fellow. Resentful, hostile, combative, envious; all of these adjectives apply.**

**Just because Poe was a douche does not excuse me for calling Doodle Beepers. I just did it again.

8 comments:

ms fits said...

I will never, never repeat the names I call my dog in private.



Kudos to you for having the courage to speak out and humiliate yourself and your pet, though. KUDOS.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about what you call your cat, you will call your children worse one day. Out of love of course.

Peter Matthes said...

At least you are not talking about breaking Doodle's neck anymore. She is pretty cute. No cat is that cute ... That's a fake cat. FAKE CAT!

I call my cat "My Kitty"

Her name is Manhattan.*

*She came with the name when I adopted her. You can't change a nine year old cat's name.

Robin CHAN said...

Boops, Beeps or Beeper looks so cute..

Hi kitty kitty, do u want to play with me? I really like playing with cats.

My house got six cats too..

Elizabeth said...

watch what you say about poe. he had his issues, sure, but if not for those issues, we wouldn't have the modern horror story and you wouldn't have a smashing nickname for doodle.

anne altman said...

i guess i was just disappointed that poe was a whiny bitter person. i guess you hate most in others what you see in yourself.

Valerie said...

awwwwww, what a cutie!!!!

whipcreamy said...

all this time i thought you were calling her peeps, peepy, or poops. that's what i call my kits.