Saturday, May 20, 2006

First Post in My Post-Dial-Up World

Greetings from the new hi-tech Altman Headquarters! I'm watching the Mets crush the Yankees in the second game of their Subway Series on my new digital cable whilst simultaneously enjoying the lightning-quick switch between clicks here on the computer. Both awesome! All I need is someone to call me on my digital phone, and the technology triumverate is in full fast action.

I wonder if I'll miss the minutes that used to tick by while waiting for a page to reload; I used to do most of my quality hypothesizing and grey hair growing during those moments, but...progress, progress. I suppose we must all yield to progress at some point.

I asked of the guys replacing my old equipment, "Have you ever seen a more ancient cable box?"

One of 'em goes, "Nope. This one was before my time. I was still playing in the street when these were around."

I'm said, "Alright, dude, take it easy. Get back to work, Grandma's tired."

8 comments:

Peter Matthes said...

Come on Anne ... We all know you pulled a Mrs. Robinson on the cable guy. Complete with under the leg shot.

Peter Matthes said...

P.S. The Mets did what?

I think you better call up Time Warner so they can get you off that 24 hour delay.

Dreamlover said...

Hey, don't you just love post-dial-up!!

;0)

geeksters said...

You should keep the old cable box and display it as an ancient artifact or put it up for auction at the nearest technological museum.

anne altman said...

The cable guy was totally into me until I flicked on the game and starting rooting for the Mets. And then he asked, "Ah, you're a Mets fan?" and I said, "No, Red Sox."

And he said, "You're friendly and all, but our conversation is over."

whipcreamy said...

yeah....try bringing your ancient cable box onto the antiques roadshow...i'm sure it will bring in some dough. have fun at the red sox/yankees game tonight.

Valerie said...

uhh, what's "dial up?" ;)

anne altman said...

Give a poor old lady a break, eh?