Thursday, July 06, 2006

Take Off, Hoser, Eh?

No offense to my people of the Great White North, but the Mackenzie Brothers:

"Hi. I'm Bob McKenzie and this is my brother, Doug." (Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis)

is like my all time most favoritest ever Canadian export second to RUSH. First they were a skit on SCTV, then they produced an album and then a movie, Strange Brew, in the early eighties. Beavis and Butthead and Waynes World: total rip-offs of Mackenzie Brothers. My best friend's Dad had the album when we were kids, and we listened to it all the time. Even though we really didn't know what a Molson was, we still found it funny.

Geddy Lee (see below), of my all time most favoritest ever Canadian band (see above)





sings with them on their song Take Off (to the Great White North) and it is fuckin' hilarious.

That is if you like dumb Canadian dudes who cut off each other's sentences, act silly, drink beer and burp and all. Oh, and RUSH. Which I do. And I've got impeccable taste, thank you very much, hosers!

6 comments:

newbluebaby said...

Somewhere, Alan Thicke is crying.

anne altman said...

yeah, but is he crying because he's not number one in my book or because his nose looks like a maraschino cherry?

anne altman said...

oh.


loser.

Berry said...

You should hear the brothers' rendition of the Twelve Days of Christmas.

Here are the "lyrics":

http://www.execulink.com/~bobnet/hoser/12days.html

anne altman said...

oooooh i forgot about that one berry!

also terribly good and terrible!

Sharon Shiner said...

Is that Julie Ryan?